The methods used to replace missing teeth are the placement of denture, dental implants and fixed bridges. All of them aim to provide a better quality of life for patients. Dentures are the false teeth produced by the dental technician from acrylic resins and designed to replace and function as your natural teeth. You can also call have immediate placement on the same day as the extraction of teeth.
The main advantage of immediate dentures is that the patient does not have to be without teeth for the reason that they are placed on the same day of the tooth extraction and need not wait for the healing of the wound. It is important to note that after the tooth extraction, the gums begin to heal and change the shape, so past 1 to 8 weeks is usually necessary to make some adjustments and adapt.
The dentures can be difficult to adapt, especially in the first few weeks and until the gums and cheeks are usually normal to notice a little uncomfortable. To start eating, it is recommended that you start first by soft foods. It is also normal to have the involvement in a small voice to adapt.
In some cases, there are loose dentures, so you can use denture adhesives to help them keep in place. Over time, the gums are altered due to bone resorption. In such cases, it is important to see your dentist to fit and exceed it by viscogel for example.
It is also very important to maintain a good cleaning of the removable dentures. It is therefore desirable to remove the dentures every night and place in a glass of water. You can use effervescent tablets sold in the pharmacy and cleaned with a stiff brush.
The dentures are removable and are indicated when missing some (removable partial dentures) or all teeth (total dentures). In other words, you can be called complete or partial depending on whether replace all the teeth in the mouth or only some teeth.
Important Precautions and Routine to Follow
- During the adaptation of the dentures, it is important to start by eating soft foods in small quantities.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods at first.
- At first they may also cause sores on some points of the gum by rubbing. If that happens, you should go to dental clinic to let the dentist relieve in those areas.
- You should brush the gum covering the alveolar ridge and always clean it well.
- Rinse mouth well before placing dentures because it adheres better to the mouth if gums are wet. Please, visit this site to know more about using dentures and the adhesives.
If we use dentures, you need an adhesive to fit them tightly and reduce the possibility of fall. With a denture adhesive, you also increases the ability to chew hard foods, as the pressure applied to the bite may be greater. With a small amount of denture adhesive, a seal is created between the dentures and the gums, providing more comfort when you bite foods, but avoiding chewing hard objects and do not try to open the lid of a soft drink bottle. There is a variety of denture adhesives on the market which include creams, strips, powders and pads.
The adhesive creams provide strong fixation throughout the day. They are applied to the denture points that most require it. To apply the cream, you can go with the following steps;
- Clean and dry the dentures
- Apply the adhesive on dentures in little amount.
- Rinse the mouth and press the denture into place to bite for a few seconds to fix it.
The best cream available on the market is Secure Denture Adhesive Bonding Cream and you can buy it TheReviewGurus.
The strips provide a more natural feel and provide the same level of attachment as adhesives cream do but without the unpleasant overflow, dirt or flavor. They are wrapped individually and hygienically to provide the correct amount of fixation.
- Clean and dry the dentures.
- With dry hands, peel the strips.
- Lightly moisten the strips with water.
- Place the strips on dentures and do not overlap the strips or cut them if necessary.
- Rinse the mouth before inserting the denture, press and bite.
Denture Adhesive Powder
The powders remains tight up to 12 consecutive hours. The application steps are as follows;
- Clean the denture leaving it wet.
- Apply evenly, shaking off excess dust residue. In the upper dentures, they are distributed over a large surface and in the lower one, it is distributed in a thin strip sliding the tip of the container along the U-shaped channel.
- Press and hold for a few moments.
- The best product in this regard is Fixodent Extra Hold Denture Adhesive Powder which you can find at TheReviewGurus.
The pads do not contain latex and are recommended to change daily. The application steps are as follows;
- Wash the denture and place the pad on top. If it is too large, the leftovers can be trimmed with scissors. If the upper forms is small having wrinkles against the palate, you can cut V-shaped at the back.
- The pad is moistened in warm water without soaking it and is placed on the denture by smoothing the wrinkles with the finger.
All these denture adhesive products are provided by the pharmacy for the convenience of using dentures.