Before you fit the dental prosthesis or apply the adhesive, make sure that the dentures are completely dry and tidy. Now you can begin by applying adhesive on the denture in the series of points or fringes beginning with little quantity. Here you take care that you avoid applying it close to dentures’ edges.
When placing the dentures, you are supposed to press it very firmly to fit it while maintaining the same pressure. If the adhesive overflows and comes out, it is that you have applied higher quantity. Here the benefit of applying Fixodent Extra Hold Denture Adhesive Powder in front of the adhesive pads is that you can better control where the adhesive is applied.
A once-a-day denture adhesive application should be adequate. In case you had to apply it more often to keep the denture fixed so as to avoid from falling, you may need to take advice from your dentist to find a better fit.
You are supposed to go to dentist regularly to make sure that the dentures’ fitting is alright and in decent condition. A poor fit can be considerably uncomfortable and could damage the mouth with the passage of time.
Always Read Directions on Packaging
- Never use more amount of adhesive than indicated on the packaging. If the excess adhesive overflows and leaves the dental prosthesis in the mouth, it means you have used more than required.
- Never utilize the product in excess for a dental prosthesis that does not fit well and refer to your dentist so as to rectify it.
- Never utilize adhesive to adjust the denture more than one time in the whole day. With appropriate usage, a 40-gram tube should last for of four weeks at least, 47-gram tube for five weeks and 70-gram tube for 8 weeks.
- Never utilize more than specified because many adhesives contain zinc and it is better that you consult your dentist doctor in case you use a product with zinc.
You should keep the adhesive out of reach of the children and avoid it usage if you have hypersensitivity to any of the elements present in the adhesive.
Steps to Remove the Dentures
- Before you make an attempt for the removal dental prosthesis, wash your mouth first with warm water.
- For the removal of lower denture, gently pull while swinging. Removing the upper one could be a little hard for the reason that there is a greater fit surface.
- If using these techniques cannot remove and it is uncomfortable, leaving it overnight is recommended or you seek help in the hospital emergency department.
Before explaining the different types of denture adhesives used today, please let me talk about the necessity of denture adhesives. Denture adhesives are commonly used to maintain the prosthesis in the correct position. In the absence of adhesives, the prosthesis may fall in the mouth.
Now it is something you cannot imagine if you ask me. Imagine that your dentures fall out of your mouth when you are talking to someone. If you are interested in the audience, and if you are using one of these earlier, this short piece of writing could be of great help to you.
The dental adhesives can be divided mainly into three categories such as the following;
- The traditional adhesives
- The powder
- The paste-like adhesive film
It is difficult to decide the best among them since each of them has its own share of advantages and disadvantages. According to the current need, you will have to choose one of them. You are recommended to read denture adhesive reviews before you finalize one.
These days, dentists are known for the same type of paste denture adhesives. They are classified or are themselves classified according to the force imparted with their dentures. The manufacturers have begun adding these adhesive substances, so that the user can be able to experience sweetness at all times. The niche is widespread, and increasing the best versions of the same product which are released from time to time. These must be manually applied on the prosthesis user for the duration and it is decided according to the nature and quality of the denture adhesive.
When you try to remove the prosthesis, residual paste is left in the mouth which, in turn, acts negatively. This paste is combined with the food particles and ulcers and infections caused in jaw line. Pharmaceutical companies are working day and night to reach the denture adhesive paste that leaves no residue in the mouth. Next on the list is the denture adhesive powder. The powder will absorb the moisture present in the mouth and increase the adhesive ability. The powder should be taken in the right amount, otherwise you may have a difficult time trying to clean the mouth.
You are supposed to opt for a good quality denture adhesive which has its own share of advantages and your confidence levels in the prosthesis will increase in the same way. I hope you will not face any difficulty in making the right decision.